ClonePix 2 Mammalian Colony Picker
A transformative cell line development workflow with automated clone screening and optional monoclonality assurance on day 0*
A complete solution for the automated screening and objective selection of high-value clones across diverse cell types.
The ClonePix® 2 Mammalian Colony Picker is a fully automated system for selecting high-value clones used in antibody discovery and cell line development. Screen more clones in less time with monoclonal verification on day zero, then screen and identify for highest producers in weeks, not months.
Hybridomas, CHO cells, stem cells and other cell types are imaged and selected based on user-defined parameters. Plate handling, barcode reading, and picking are fully integrated, and all data, including images, are saved for downstream analysis. The picker increases the probability of finding optimally produced cell lines and significantly reduces time and labor.
Automate antibody discovery and cell line development workflows
ClonePix 2 picker is 10x faster than labor-intensive limiting dilution and FACS. Our sophisticated software and integrated robotics enable a screening speed of > 10,000 clones per day.
Select cells with desirable attributes with monoclonality assurance from day 0
Easily screen and select clones based on protein productivity, antigen-specificity, cell viability, and expression levels of tagged recombinant proteins.
Increase the probability of identifying high-value clones while eliminating or recovering unstable clones early
Picking accuracy < 1 mm. Robotic picking reduces the risk of colony disturbance. Images of picked clones are stored with data.
Multiple detection methods
White light identifies and measures clone morphology, size and proximity. Fluorescence indicates expression level and/or specificity. Up to five fluorescent filters are available for multiplexing.
A host of sterility features and options including a UV light process for sanitizing the interior of the instrument, as well as pin washing and halogen drying are standard.
Integrated plate storage
Includes two storage stacks for source and destination plates, each with a capacity of 10 plates.
Discrete colony formation
Semi-solid CloneMediaTM encourages single cells to grow into discreet colonies, and allows for ease of plating. The media allows for a higher density of clones to be screened.
Animal-free media and reagents
Chemically defined and animal-free, CloneMedia cell-culture media, is optimized to increase productivity and aid in visualizing secreted antibodies when used with the CloneDetectTM detection agent.
Custom automation options*
The Advanced Workflow Engineering Solutions Team can customize the monoclonality system and offer added services such as integrated verification of monoclonality.
*Price, time to deliver, and specifications will vary based on mutually agreed technical requirements. Solution requirements may cause adjustment to standard performance.
Redefine clone screening and selection with transformative cell line development workflows
Empower your team with data analysis that automatically generates a map of clones and their secretion levels from a series of images generated in situ. The ClonePix can also be customized to include image-based monoclonality assurance on day zero.* This means your team can screen in one round and then pick for the highest produces in weeks, not months.
Data analysis and tracking—reveal stable clones faster
- Automatically generate a 2D map of clones and their secretion levels from a series of images generated in situ
- Screen and select colonies based on:
- – Size, roundness, and proximity to neighbors
- – Ranking according to fluorescence levels
- – Closely placed colonies ignored via user-controlled “proximity” software setting
All relevant data associated with each colony (including images taken before and after picking along with their picking coordinates) are automatically saved for review and downstream analysis.
Enhanced with monoclonality assurance*
Same ClonePix workflow, now enhanced with high-resolution single-cell imaging capability on day 0
The enhanced ClonePix 2 system can automatically screen and pick clones that are both high producing and monoclonal—all in one system. Screen more clones in less time with monoclonal verification on day zero, then screen and pick for highest produces in less than two weeks.
- Reduce screening time from two rounds to one by providing image-based evidence of clonality
- Rapid Z-stack acquisition feature allows detection of single cells throughout the medium volume, not just a single focal plane, on day 0
- Simplified workflow from single-cell identification and productivity screening with the all-in-one system
Enhanced for stem cell applications*
Identify desirable, clonal stem cell colonies for high-throughput colony screening and picking
High-resolution imaging identifies desirable, clonal stem cell colonies for high-throughput colony screening and picking. Specialized picking pins allow the gentle transfer of adherent, feeder-free cells to high-density plates for clonal expansion and downstream analysis.
- Colony formation - Individual stem cells plated at a low density in 6-well plates divide and develop into colonies. Plating density is kept low to ensure that colonies are derived from a single parent cell.
- Clone screening - Clonally-derived stem cell colonies are identified by their desirable morphological characteristics and are picked from the low-density 6-well plates into higher density 96-well plates to carry forward with the screening. The ClonePix® 2 Mammalian Colony Picker can be customized with high-resolution optics and stem cell-specific pins, allowing this established technology to be leveraged in stem cell workflows.
- Cell growth - Cell growth is determined by monitoring cell division over a given time using label-free imaging.
- Functional screening - In addition to monitoring growth, functional cell-based assays can be performed. This can include assays assessing differentiation potential, pluripotency, ability to form 3D organoids, and other desirable traits.
*Price, time to deliver, and specifications will vary based on mutually agreed technical requirements. Solution requirements may cause an adjustment to standard performance.
Custom solutions are subject to Molecular Devices Custom Products Purchase Terms.
The Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center uses the ClonePix 2 system to efficiently screen and isolate positive hybridoma clones
How can we help advance your next big discovery?
Our highly-qualified teams are on the frontlines with our customers, conducting remote or on-site product demonstrations, webinars, and more to help you solve your tough research challenges. How can we help you today?
I’d like to…
Applications of ClonePix 2 Mammalian Colony Picker
Specifications & Options of ClonePix 2 Mammalian Colony Picker
Resources of ClonePix 2 Mammalian Colony Picker
Number of Citations*: 552
Latest Citations: For a complete list, please click here .