SpectraTest ABS1 Absorbance Validation Plate
Extensive, traceable tests for verifying Molecular Devices’ microplate readers are performing to manufacturing specifications.
Microplate readers from Molecular Devices are built to generate quality measurements over extended use. Backing up the robustness of the systems is the SpectraTest ABS1 Absorbance Validation Plate, a valuable tool for all users to verify their absorbance-capable microplate readers are operating correctly, and an essential tool for GLP and GMP laboratories, where regularly documenting instrument performance is a must.
Comprised of 8 distinct test areas, the SpectraTest® ABS1 Validation Plate checks reader performance to the same specifications as the instruments were built to, ensuring that the absorbance readings are as accurate and precise as the day your microplate reader first arrived. Pre-formatted SoftMax Pro Data Acquisition & Analysis Software protocols are used to automatically generate and analyze the data, reporting failures as out of specification. Additional 21 CFR Part 11 compliance tools are available through SoftMax® Pro GxP Compliance Software for controlled access to the test results and an audit trail of activities.
Qualification of a microplate reader is limited only by the tools available, and the more comprehensive nature of the SpectraTest Validation Plate family has established a legacy of trust in the IQOQ of microplate readers from Molecular Devices.;
Eight Tests for Increased Absorbance Measurement Confidence
- Baseline noise to measure the sensitivity and stability of the optical system.
- Optical Alignment to verify that the light beam for measuring absorbance is passing through the center of each well.
- Photometric accuracy to test how close an absorbance measurement is to the true value, traceable to a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standard.
- Photometric precision to assess the reproducibility of absorbance measurements.
- Stray light to ensure that the optical system is not compromised by unwanted light.
- Ultimate dark to check that the light scatter from empty wells do not affect adjacent wells.
- Wavelength accuracy to test the accuracy of the wavelength selection by the monochromator, traceable to a NIST standard.
- Wavelength precision to test the repeatability of the wavelength selection by the monochromator.
Easy Validation of Luminescence Detection Mode with the new SpectraTest LM1 Validation Plate. Learn more.