Enzyme - IMAP Assays
IMAP® technology provides a homogeneous assay applicable to a wide variety of kinases, phosphatases, and phosphodiesterases without regard for substrate peptide sequence. The assay is a simple mix-and-read procedure allowing accurate determination of enzyme activity.
- IMAP provides a complete assay system for screening kinases, phosphatases, and phosphodiesterases
- Because IMAP assays are not antibody-based, they are generic and can be used for any kinase, phosphatase, or phosphodiesterase
- Robust fluorescence signal gives reliable results with good Z factors
- IMAP assays are homogeneous and amenable to miniaturization for greater cost savings
- IMAP assays are available in both FP and TR-FRET detection modes to meet users' screening needs
Overview of Enzyme - IMAP Assays
Based on the specific, high-affinity interaction of phospho groups with trivalent metal-containing nanoparticles (beads), IMAP is a generic, non-antibody-based platform to assess kinase, phosphatase, and phosphodiesterase activity. An enzyme reaction is performed using fluorescently labeled substrate. Addition of the IMAP Binding System stops the enzyme reaction and initiates binding of the beads to phosphorylated substrates. Binding of the substrate to the beads, which correlates to enzyme activity, can be detected using either FP or TR-FRET as a readout.
IMAP Progressive Binding System
IMAP Progressive Binding System lets researchers optimize their FP and TR-FRET assay conditions for each substrate used. The system consists of Progressive Binding Buffer A and Progressive Binding Buffer B, along with Progressive Binding Reagent. The two buffers and the reagent can be combined in different proportions according to the acidic character of the substrate choice, desirable ATP concentrations and background parameters.
Molecular Devices offers a wide range of validated substrates and calibrators. Substrates may be used with the enzymes for which they were originally validated, or as potential substrates for other enzymes.
• Validated IMAP substrates with optimized binding conditions ensure the best performance when using the IMAP platform
• Substrates come in two sizes and can be used with both IMAP FP and IMAP TR-FRET
• Dozens of different substrates have been validated with over 100 enzymes. Many substrates are available with either red or green fluorescent label, enabling multiplexing and providing a way to address issues arising from compound autofluorescence
IMAP Assay Kits