Molecular Devices microplate readers are built to generate quality measurements over extended use. Backing up the robustness of the systems is the SpectraTest® LM1 Luminescence Validation Plate, a valuable tool for all users to verify their luminescence-capable microplate readers are operating correctly, and an essential tool for GLP and GMP laboratories, where regularly documenting instrument performance is a must.
Comprised of 9 distinct test areas, the SpectraTest® LM1 Validation Plate checks reader performance to the same specifications as the instruments were built to, ensuring that the luminescence readings are as accurate and precise as the day your microplate reader first arrived. The 13 individual tests performed by the SpectraTest LM1 Validation Plate provide superior coverage to validation plates offered for other luminescence systems on the market. Unique to the plate also is an assessment of the lower limit of detection (LLD), confirming the sensitivity of the luminescence-capable readers.
9 Test Areas for Increased Luminescence Measurement Confidence
- Background noise to sample the measurement noise of the system, including separate tests for background noise and spikes
- Lower limit of detection (LLD) to estimate the minimum measurable signal of the microplate reader
- Crosstalk to measure the light from adjacent wells
- Left-to-right bias to check for significant differences in measuring capability at from the left edge of the plate to the right edge
- Linearity to verify the linearity of the luminescence signal detected
- Kinetic noise (Low Signal) to measure the stability of the optical system at low signals, including separate test for kinetic noise, spikes, and drift at low signal
- Kinetic noise (High Signal) to measure the stability of the optical system at high signal, including separate tests for kinetic noise and drift at high signal
- Top-to-bottom bias to check for significant differences in measuring capability from the top edge of a microplate compared to the bottom edge
- Well-to-well precision to assess measurement reproducibility across the plate
The SpectraTest LM1 Validation Plate may be used with the following luminescence-capable microplate readers from Molecular Devices:
- SpectraMax® L Luminescence Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® M3 Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® M4 Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® M5(e) Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® i3 Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- FlexStation® 3 Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- LMax™ II Luminescence Microplate Reader
- LMax™ II384 Luminescence Microplate Reader
Pre-formatted SoftMax® Pro Data Acquisition & Analysis Software protocols are used to automatically generate and analyze the data, reporting failures as out of specification. Additional 21 CFR Part 11 compliance tools are available through SoftMax® Pro GxP Compliance Software for controlled access to the test results and an audit trail of activities.
Annual recertification of the SpectraTest ABS1 Validation Plate is recommended and performed by Molecular Devices.
|SpectraTest LUM1 Validation Plate||Standard SBS footprint with a counter-bored surface for accurate testing and identical well spacing to standard microplates|
|SoftMax Pro Software and SoftMax Pro GxP Software protocols||Supplied with the SpectraTest Plate for use on computers running Windows or Mac OS X|
SpectraTest® LUM1 Absorbance Validation Plate
|SpectraTest FL1 Absorbance Validation Plate||0200-6117|
|SpectraTest FL1 Fluorescence Validation Plate||0200-5060|
|SpectraTest LM1 Luminescence Validation Plate||0200-6186|
|Cuvette Validation Set||0200-2420|
|IQOQPQ User Manual||0112-0138|