Molecular Devices microplate readers are built to generate quality measurements over extended use. Backing up the robustness of the systems is the SpectraTest® FL1 Fluorescence Validation Plate, a valuable tool for all users to verify their fluorescence-capable microplate readers are operating correctly, and an essential tool for GLP and GMP laboratories, where regularly documenting instrument performance is a must.
Comprised of 10 distinct test areas, the SpectraTest FL1 Validation Plate checks reader performance to the same specifications as the instruments were built to, ensuring that the fluorescence readings are as accurate and precise as the day your microplate reader first arrived. The 12 individual tests performed by the SpectraTest FL1 Plate provide superior coverage to validation plates offered for other fluorescence systems on the market. Unique to the plate also are a solid state surrogate for testing Lower Limit of Detection (LLD), confirming the sensitivity of the fluorescence-capable readers, and PMT Matching for ensuring the linearity of the system over a broader dynamic range.
10 Test Areas for Increased Fluorescence Measurement Confidence
- Kinetic noise (Low Signal) to measure the stability of the optical system at low signals
- Kinetic noise (High Signal) to measure the stability of the optical system at high signal
- Lower limit of detection (LLD) to estimate the minimum measurable signal of the microplate reader
- PMT matching for ensuring linearity of signal over the greater dynamic range offered by Molecular Devices fluorescence-capable microplate readers
- RFU (Relative Fluorescence Unit) linearity to verify the linearity of the fluorescence signal detected
- RFU scaling to allow for optional adjustment of the RFU output to give similar RFUs at fluorescein wavelengths between different fluorescence-capable Molecular Devices microplate readers
- Top-to-bottom bias to check for significant differences in measuring capability from the top edge of a microplate to the bottom edge
- Wavelength accuracy to test the accuracy of the wavelength selection by the monochromator, includes separate tests for excitation and emission
- Wavelength precision to test the repeatability of the wavelength selection by the monochromator, includes separate tests for Excitation and Emission
- Well-to-well precision to assess measurement reproducibility across the plate
- Pre-formatted SoftMax® Pro Software automatically generates and analyzes data
The SpectraTest® FL1 Validation Plate may be used with the following fluorescence-capable microplate readers from Molecular Devices:
- Gemini™ EM Fluorescence Microplate Reader
- Gemini™ XPS Fluorescence Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® i3 Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® M2(e) Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® M3 Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® M4 Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® M5(e) Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- FlexStation® 3 Benchtop Multi-mode Microplate Reader
Pre-formatted SoftMax® Pro Data Acquisition & Analysis Software protocols are used to automatically generate and analyze the data, reporting failures as out of specification. Additional 21 CFR Part 11 compliance tools are available through SoftMax® Pro GxP Compliance Software for controlled access to the test results and an audit trail of activities.
Annual recertification of the SpectraTest FL1 Validation Plate is recommended and performed by Molecular Devices.
|SpectraTest FL Validation Plate||Standard SBS footprint with a counter-bored surface for accurate testing and identical well spacing to standard microplates|
|SoftMax Pro Software and SoftMax Pro GxP Software protocols||Supplied with the SpectraTest Plate for use on computers running Windows or Mac OS X|
SpectraTest® FL1 Absorbance Validation Plate
|SpectraTest FL1 Absorbance Validation Plate||0200-6117|
|SpectraTest FL1 Fluorescence Validation Plate||0200-5060|
|SpectraTest LM1 Luminescence Validation Plate||0200-6186|
|Cuvette Validation Set||0200-2420|