Molecular Devices microplate readers are built to generate quality measurements over extended use. Backing up the robustness of the systems is the SpectraTest® ABS1 Absorbance Validation Plate, a valuable tool for all users to verify their absorbance-capable microplate readers are operating correctly, and an essential tool for GLP and GMP laboratories, where regularly documenting instrument performance is a must.
Comprised of 8 distinct test areas, the SpectraTest® ABS1 Validation Plate checks reader performance to the same specifications as the instruments were built to, ensuring that the absorbance readings are as accurate and precise as the day your microplate reader first arrived.
Eight Tests for Increased Absorbance Measurement Confidence
- Baseline noise to measure the sensitivity and stability of the optical system
- Optical Alignment to verify that the light beam for measuring absorbance is passing through the center of each well
- Photometric accuracy to test how close an absorbance measurement is to the true value, traceable to a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standard
- Photometric precision to assess the reproducibility of absorbance measurements
- Stray light to ensure that the optical system is not compromised by unwanted light
- Ultimate dark to check that the light scatter from empty wells do not affect adjacent wells
- Wavelength accuracy to test the accuracy of the wavelength selection by the monochromator, traceable to a NIST standard
- Wavelength precision to test the repeatability of the wavelength selection by the monochromator
The SpectraTest® ABS1 Validation Plate may be used with the following absorbance-capable Molecular Devices microplate readers:
- SpectraMax® 190 Absorbance Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® 340 PC Absorbance Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® 340 PC384 Absorbance Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® Plus Absorbance Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® Plus384 Absorbance Microplate Reader
- FlexStation® 3 Benchtop Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® M2(e) Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® M3 Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® M4 Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® M5(e) Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax® i3 Multi-mode Microplate Reader
- VersaMax® Absorbance Microplate Reader
Pre-formatted SoftMax® Pro Data Acquisition & Analysis Software protocols are used to automatically generate and analyze the data, reporting failures as out of specification. Additional 21 CFR Part 11 compliance tools are available through SoftMax® Pro GxP Compliance Software for controlled access to the test results and an audit trail of activities.
Annual recertification of the SpectraTest ABS1 Validation Plate is recommended and performed by Molecular Devices.
|SpectraTest ABS1 Validation Plate||Standard SBS footprint with a counter-bored surface for accurate testing and identical well spacing to standard microplates|
|SoftMax Pro Software and SoftMax Pro GxP Software protocols||Supplied with the SpectraTest Plate for use on computers running Windows or Mac OS X|
SpectraTest® ABS1 Absorbance Validation Plate
|SpectraTest ABS1 Absorbance Validation Plate||0200-6117|
|SpectraTest FL1 Fluorescence Validation Plate||0200-5060|
|SpectraTest LM1 Luminescence Validation Plate||0200-6186|
|Cuvette Validation Set||0200-2420|