The GenePix® SL50 Slide Loader is a high-precision robotic operation that ensures careful transfer and safe positioning of your precious microarray slides. The entire system fits easily on a standard laboratory bench top and provides simple robotic or manual scanning of slides. The removable slide cassettes, each holding up to 25 slides, facilitate a convenient, versatile workflow. Simply fill your cassettes with slides, load the cassettes, configure your scan parameters, press start, and walk away. This system won't limit your science.
GenePix® Microarray Scanner flexibility allows you to configure scanning and analysis of one slide or many, whether they are all alike or each is different. The slide loader accommodates low- and high-density; opaque, mirrored, or translucent; plastic or glass; commercial or homebrew slides.
- Be More Productive: The fully automated slide handling for an unattended microarray workflow enables you to use your time more productively. The system automatically loads and unloads up to 50 slides to your GenePix® 4300 or GenePix® 4400 Microarray Scanners.
- Easy to Integrate Slide Storage: Each system is supplied with two easy-to-load cassettes, each with 25 slide capacity. The injection molded cassettes are solvent resistant and non-abrasive. They feature an effective retaining design which allows the slides to be carried safely in a laboratory environment.
- Always Know the Status: Sensors in the slide cassette enclosure always sense the presence and absence of cassettes and provide feedback to you. A graphical display in the software immediately informs you about the status of the cassettes if the rack position has been changed. The utmost sensing technology detects and maps the microarray slides in the cassettes. Movement stall detection on every axis provides an added layer of security to maintain slide and workflow integrity.
- Protect your Slides: The environmental control helps maximize the validity of experimental results. The design of the enclosure ensures light-protection to minimize light exposure during storage. The Luer port on the slide cassette enclosure enables purging the external storage system with inert gas or ozone-depleted air to control dye damaging effects of ozone or humidity*.
- Never Lose Touch with Your Slides: The robotic gripper senses the presence or absence of slides and confirms that the slide has been reliably transferred from the cassette to the scanner and then back to the cassette. The precise and careful positioning (nudging) technology verifies placement in the six-point slide-holder and safe return into the cassettes.
- Efficient Data Acquisition and Analysis: The GenePix® SL50 Automated Slide Loader, the GenePix® 4300 or 4400 Microarray Scanners, and GenePix® Pro Acquisition and Analysis Software have been designed to work together as a fully integrated platform. The seamless communication among scanner, slide loader, and software provides efficient data acquisition and analysis as well as for real-time performance monitoring.
*Systems for ozone-depletion are not available from Molecular Devices.
Genomics: Directed at the genome sequence itself, microarrays have been used to identify novel genes, binding sites of transcription factors, changes in DNA copy number, and variations from a baseline sequence, such as in emerging strains of pathogens or complex mutations in disease-causing human genes.
- SNP genotyping arrays
- Arrayed comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) arrays
Transcriptomics: The use of high-density microarrays has impacted the measurement of transcript levels to study complex diseases. With the latest development of microarray technology, it is now possible to quantify transcript levels globally and to integrate such data with information relating to disease. Microarrays based transcriptomics enables mapping a critical genomic region for a disease using affected and unaffected individuals and then pinpointing the responsible gene by identifying differentially expressed genes in the critical region.
- Gene expression arrays
- RNA interference (RNAi) arrays
- MicroRNA (miRNA) arrays
Proteomics: Although the analysis of the full proteome has not yet been achieved, rapid progress is being made with microarrays in the field of proteomics. Proteomes exhibit large and dynamic complexity; the number for distinct proteins in mammals will certainly exceed the number of genes, requiring the right technology to be in place for the analysis. The flexibility of the GenePix Microarray Scanner system, and especially the high-throughput capabilities of the GenePix SL50 Automated Slide Loader, provides adequate tools to researchers.
- Protein arrays
- Peptide arrays
- Antibody arrays
- ELISA arrays
- Reverse Phase Arrays
Epigenomics: The gene carries the basic unit of information, but this information has an impact only once it is properly programmed by the epigenome. The DNA methylation pattern is cell type specific and correlates with chromatin structure. DNA microarrays are being utilized to identify methylation patterns, and the GenePix automation solution allows the researcher to identify these patterns faster.
- DNA methylation arrays
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) arrays
Novel Applications: The creativity and broad applicability of microarray-based research has no limits and is demonstrated by the vast variety of different microarray applications to conduct large-scale quantitative analysis. With the GenePix® Microarray Scanner System you have the most flexible solution and freedom in your research.
- Tissue arrays
- Quantum Dots
- Carbohydrate Arrays
- Chemical Compound Arrays
The GenePix® SL 50 Slide Loader is compatibile with the following systems:
- GenePix 4300A Microarray Scanner
- GenePix 4400A Microarray Scanner
- GenePix Pro 7 Acquisition and Analysis Software
Ozone controlled environment
Looking for a way to protect your microarray integrity and prevent ozone-related dye degradation? Visit SciGene.com for more information.
Efficient Data Acquisition and Analysis with GenePix Pro Acquisition and Analysis Software
The GenePix® SL50 Automated Slide Loader, the GenePix® 4300 or 4400 Microarray Scanners, and GenePix® Pro Acquisition and Analysis Software have been designed to work together as a fully integrated platform. The seamless communication among scanner, slide loader, and software provides efficient data acquisition and analysis as well as for real-time performance monitoring.
|Dimensions (in)||31.8 W x 24.4 H x 20.5 D|
|Dimensions (mm)||807 W x 620 H x 525 D|
|Capacity||Maximum 50 slides, two cassettes each holding up to 25 slides|
|Sample type||Standard microarray slides
(1" x 3", 25 x 75 mm or 26 x 76 mm,
0.9-1.1 mm thickness), clean edges
required, cover slips and beveled
edges are not recommended.
|Load time||Approximately 36 seconds|
|Power supply||90V to 260V, 120W|
GenePix® SL 50 Automated Slide Handler
|GenePix SL 50||GPSL50|
|Robot casette, 25 slides||5001979|
|GenePix Pro Software v7 license||5004757|