The ImageXpress® Velos Laser Scanning Cytometer is ideally suited for capturing rare events from a variety of heterogeneous samples including beads or cells, cell colonies, tissue samples, or even micro-array slides. In addition to multiplexing, the cytometer supports label-free light scattering and fluorescence anisotropy measurements. Image acquisition and data analysis occurs simultaneously at high speed to provide "on-the-fly" high throughput image analysis.
- Fast and high throughput analysis of objects plated on any clear bottom microplate in <3 minutes. With automation it can be configured to acquire in excess of 150,000 wells in an 8 hour day
- Whole well scanning ensures sufficient number of objects for statistical validity. Reduces the number of cells required as compared to either standard microplate readers or camera-based imagers.
- Large depth of field (+/- 200 microns) eliminates focus steps during acquisition and provides easy imaging of large objects such as 3D cell cultures, mammospheres or zebrafish embryos.
- Patented confined detection region reduces background from out of focus fluorescence and enables homogeneous / no-wash fluorescence assays like cell surface marker detection (e.g., E-cadherin), fluorescent ligand-receptor interactions, or antibody discovery.
- Anisotropy detection mode enables solution and bead-based fluorescent polarization assays as well as simplified live cell FRET assays.
- Laser scatter mode for label-free detection of cells when intervening with dyes is not acceptable, for example in quality control of sterile cell cultures.
- Microplate-based workflow streamlines evaluation of both adherent and suspension cells and eliminates separation steps for adherent cells or colonies often required for flow cytometry or other non-plate based systems.
- On-the-fly analysis enables users to simultaneously acquire, count, and measure objects so that results are available at the end of each scan.
- Robust, simple, and fast object detection means no microscopic imaging experience is required for setup making it easy for anyone in the lab to establish and run assays.
- Cell-by-cell and well-by-well results of object intensity, area, and shape are generated during each scan, allowing easy classification and gating of objects to streamline your work flow.
- Output data in a variety of formats (.csv, .txt, .fcs) for easy downstream analysis and manipulation in a variety of software packages including flow cytometry software.
- MDCStore™ Data Management Solution compatible files facilitate analysis with MetaXpress® for quantifying objects like zebrafish embryos and and AcuityXpress™ Software for data visualization and trend analysis.
Large Format Imaging
- Use whole animal models such as zebrafish embryos or C. elegans. to study toxicology, developmental biology, or off-target drug effects
- Collect whole well, microscope slide, or petri-well plate images of large objects without repeated focusing, reconstructing z-slices, or stitching fields-of-view together
- Analyze images during the scan for colony size or number or score organisms based on morphology or intensity
- Count and classify a large population of objects from an acquired image using a flow cytometry-type analysis
- Analyze adherent or non-adherent cells in a 96- or 384-well plate format
- Export resulting files for plotting and categorization in a standard flow cytometry software or an enhanced image-based cytometry package
- High-Throughput Analysis of Hematopoietic Stem Cells Differentiation and Hematopoietic Toxicity: Poster Download
- Measure apoptosis, cytotoxicity, mitotic arrest, DNA damage, phosphorylation, or ligand binding events
- Detect up to four fluorescent markers within a primary or cultured immortalized cell line
- Obtain whole-well imaging results with on-the-fly analysis in less than 3 minutes per microplate
- Screen antibodies using a homogeneous assays that measures the binding of a fluorescently labeled antibody to a bead or cell surface
- Reject background fluorescence with angeled collection optics and ensure high reproducibility and sensitivity
- Scan and analyze whole plate within 5-10 minutes regardless of well density
Fluorescence polarization or anisotropy
- Measure enzymatic phosphorylation, single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), and many ligand-receptor binding events
- Provide cell-by-cell detail not found in microplate reader applications
- Scan and analyze an anisotropy assay with up to 2 different fluorophores per well on-the-fly in 2-5 minutes
The ImageXpress Velos Cytometer includes intuitive software for acquisition and simultaneous analysis.
Customized Analysis and Data Management
Images can be imported into MDCStore™ Data Management Solution and analyzed with MetaXpress® or MetaXpress® PowerCore™ Software. Resulting data can be summarized and plotted using AcuityXpress™ Software.
FCS Express 4 Image Cytometry Software
This data analysis and reporting package designed by De Novo Software provides dynamic insight to multi-parametric data sets, enabling identification of common or rare events within large cell populations. Fully interactive tools improve the image analysis workflow and user's ability to manage results.
The ImageXpress Velos SL Cytometer is a single-laser system configured from a selection of laser lines offered. The ImageXpress Velos DL Cytometer is a dual-line laser system consisting of a 488 nm laser system plus one additional laser line from the selection of laser lines offered.
Excitation Wavelengths Available and Selectable Through Software
- 405 nm
- 440 nm
- 488 nm
- 532 nm
- 640 nm
Software Selectable Detection Modes
- 4 color simultaneous
- Anisotropy / Fluorescence Polarization
- 2 color simultaneous
- Laser scatter
- Label-free imaging
Space and Weight Specifications
|W (in)||D (in)||H (in)||Weight (lbs)||W (cm)||D (cm)||H (cm)||Weight (kg)|
- Homogeneous Cytotoxicity Assay
- High-Throughput Arrayed NF-kB Transcription Factor Profiling
- High-Throughput Cell Migration Assay
- Flow Cytometry Analysis of Mitotic Index Data from the IsoCyte DL Laser Scanning Cytometer
- Homogeneous Binding Assay: Comparing Imaging Systems and Optimizing Acquisition Parameters for High-Throughput Screening
- Use of IsoCyte HTS as a High Throughput Platform for Cytotoxicity, Mitotic Index, and Cell Cycle Analysis