MDCStore Data Management Solution for High Content Screening
Whether you operate in a small research lab or a large screening facility, make sure that all your imaging data is securely stored and fully accessible from the first image acquired to years of usage.
For Molecular Devices, to perform High Content Screening (HCS) in days instead of weeks doesn't only mean "to acquire and analyze millions of images." It also means managing the data deluge and being "able to connect the dots" to make the right decisions.
HCS instruments and High Content Analysis (HCA) generate daunting amounts of images, image segmentation, and extracted features; it is common to accumulate 5 terabytes of data for a 20,000 compound screen. The MDCStore™ Data Management Solution provides a powerful environment for HCS data storage, making it available for further analysis, and managing it over time. This organization of the HCS workflow allows you to make meaningful decisions from immense volumes of data and answer questions that cannot be answered without a proper management solution:
- Does the same experimental condition have the same effect in multiple screens?
- Is an outlier in a dose response an interesting phenotype or just a QC issue?
- Are other experimental conditions producing images similar to this one?
The MDCStore Data Management Solution seamlessly integrates with the Molecular Devices complete set of tools for image acquisition (ImageXpress® confocal and widefield instruments), image analysis (MetaXpress® and MetaXpress® PoweCore™ Software), and cellular informatics (AcuityXpress™ Software), providing off-the-shelf capabilities to generate and interrogate data. A software development kit (SDK) is also available to enable communication with 3rd party hardware and software, integrate MDCStore Data Manager into an existing workflow, or facilitate additional applications.
Simple to install, the MDCStore Data Management Solution is also straightforward to maintain and manage with the MDCStoreTools utility.
The MDCStore database organizes data generated by multiple imaging instruments, image analysis and data visualization and analysis software, enabling seamless manipulation of complex sets of images and metadata.
- Scalable design ensures the proper amount of image and metadata storage is available to support growing laboratory requirements, multiple users, or data retrieval during image acquisition.
- MDCStore database schema is available for both Microsoft SQL Server or as an Oracle compliant tool that can be fully deployed by your database administration team.
- Multiple storage options can be tailored to individual needs for environments with multiple users such as core laboratories.
MDCStoreTools is a stand-alone utility to help IT departments manage the MDCStore Data Management Solution.
- Configuration of users, groups, and image storage locations in multi-user environments such as core laboratories.
- Security policies for either Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle can be set to ensure restricted access to groups and users.
- Optimize/grow/shrink database to ensure peak data security and performance that can be refined over time to meet your changing HCS storage needs.
- Image and data management for archiving, back-up/restoration (SQL Server only) of old data, for attaching/detaching databases (SQL Server only), migrating data across labeled image storage locations, or selectively deleting data (all metadata or only image segmentation).
MDCStore software development kit (SDK) provides tools to access and exchange data with 3rd party solutions.
- Application programming interface (API) to exchange image locations, data, and metadata with 3rd party software to facilitate communication with laboratory information management systems (LIMS), to provide alternative data analysis and visualization methods, or to analyze 3rd party images within the MDCStore Data Management Solution.
- Easy licensing to allow users to develop their own internal, non-commercial applications to integrate with corporate databases and third party applications. Distribution and commercial licenses are also available.