StakMax Microplate Handling System
The StakMax Microplate Handling System is an integrated microplate stacker for use with Molecular Devices SpectraMax Microplate Readers and AquaMax Microplate Washers, providing simple, powerful, walk-away benchtop automation.
Achieving higher throughput in laboratory experiments depends on the ability to easily process batches of microplates. Historically, joining off-the-shelf components together has made for expensive, difficult-to-use, and error-prone integrations. To address these issues, Molecular Devices leveraged its 20 years of experience with the automation industry to develop the StakMax Microplate Handling System to provide dedicated benchtop automation for batches of up to 50 microplates, in a small footprint.
Integration of a StakMax System with Molecular Devices microplate reader is a straightforward process and can be completed in less than 15 minutes, including alignment. Integration with an AquaMax Microplate Washer can be completed in 5 minutes, with no alignment necessary.
Once integrated to a Molecular Devices microplate reader, the StakMax System is operated through Molecular Devices' industry-leading SoftMax® Pro Data Acquisition & Analysis Software providing a common interface for operating both the reader and stacker, avoiding problems with communication hand-offs.
When integrated to an AquaMax Microplate Washer, all programming and operation is handled by the AquaMax Microplate Washer programming touch screen. No external computer is necessary.
Unified Stacker Platform
- The StakMax System can be integrated with Molecular Devices' microplate readers and AquaMax Washers for improved process flow and higher throughput.
- All integration tools provided for ease of setup of each configuration
- Uniform stacker magazines for use across all integrations maximizing your throughput
Easy to Program and Operate
- Operation with the SpectraMax line of microplate readers is facilitated within SoftMax® Software for a common interface.
- Microplate reader protocols that were previously written can be automated without any changes to the setup parameters, data analysis, or graphing.
- A barcode reader can be added to enable barcode identification of plates when integrated with SpectraMax line of microplate readers.
- AquaMax Washer users access all commands through the AquaMax Washer programming touch screen.
Fast, Bi-Directional Stacker for Increased Flexibility
- The StakMax System is designed to minimize plate movement time, while handling the microplates gently, eliminating liquid spillage.
- When integrated with the AquaMax Washer, a batch of 20 ELISA microplates can be processed in as little as 13 minutes to maximize throughput.
- User can choose to restack plates back to the input stack when batch is completed, for further processing.
- Product Data Sheet
- BioResearch Products Data Sheet
- SoftMax Pro Software Data Sheet
- Application Notes