AquaMax 2000 & 4000 Microplate Washers
The 4-in-1 AquaMax line of microplate washers are self-contained microplate washer systems.
AquaMax® Microplate Washers are configurable with user interchangeable heads for both 96- and 384-well microplate washing applications, including plate or cell washing.
When the AquaMax Microplate Washer is used for biochemical assays such as ELISA, the system is configured with the 96 or 384 plate wash heads to vigorously remove unbound material and reagents in microplate wells. By thoroughly washing plates, researchers can achieve lower background in their assays.
For cell-based assays, the AquaMax Washer can be configured with the 96- and 384-well cell wash heads. Cell wash heads have angled dispensing pins to allow extremely gentle washing of weakly adherent cell types, maintaining cell integrity while ensuring thorough washing.
Wash heads can be changed in 30 seconds with no tools using the innovative head latch mechanism. No recalibration is necessary and all heads are recognized by the AquaMax Washer base. By changing heads, users can effectively have 4 plate washers in the space of 1.
The AquaMax Washer is available in two different configurations: The AquaMax 2000 Microplate Washer has two fluid inlets; the AquaMax 4000 Microplate Washer has four fluid inlets and additional programming capabilities. Both systems have the same unique onboard touch screen computer for all programming, operation, and maintenance of the system. No external computer is necessary with the AquaMax Microplate Washers.
AquaMax Washers have several important maintenance features, since the lack of proper washer maintenance is the number one cause of washer failure. Using the One-Touch AutoClean allows the user to completely clean out the entire fluid path. Auto Shutdown leaves the system empty and dry after a user defined interval, preventing the buildup of contaminants.
The AquaMax Washers can be integrated with the StakMax Microplate Handling Stacker for batches up to 50 plates. When the AquaMax Washer is integrated with the StakMax Microplate Handling Stacker, users can automatically wash 20 plates in under 13 minutes. For higher throughput needs, the AquaMax Washers can be integrated with any of the major microplate automation providers.
|View the AquaMax video
User-Changeable Washer Heads
- 96- and 384-well Plate Wash Heads for biochemical assays for thorough washing of ELISAs
- 96- and 384-well Cell Wash Heads for cell-based assays with angled dispensing pins for gentle washing of cell-based assays
- Thirty second head changes with no tools, calibration, or alignment. Simply move a lever to engage and disengage.
- Buy the heads you need now and add heads as your needs change
- Simultaneous washing of all wells for 96- and 384-well plates minimizes processing time
Compatibility with Cell-Based Assays
HEK293 cells were seeded at 10,000 cells/well and incubated overnight. The cells were then labeled with Calcein AM dye. Cells were prewashed to remove most of the dye using the AquaMax 4000 Washer with the 96 Well Cell Wash Head. Cells were washed 2 times with 200 µL of wash buffer containing 1X PBS and at 5 mm above plate bottom. Cells were imaged using an ImageXpress Velos Laser-Scanning Cytometer. Cells were washed again 3 times with 300 µL of wash buffer at 3 mm above plate bottom. Cells were then imaged again to measure post-wash cell area. 95% of cells were retained in wells after washing.
- Cell-Wash Heads process plate gently enough for weakly adherent cell types (ex. HEK293)
- Angled dispensing pins and controllable dispensing pressure minimizes cell blow off
- Variable aspiration rate minimizes cell lift-off
- AquaMax Microplate Washer with Cell-Wash Head minimizes need for researchers to fix cells
Multiple Washer Reservoir Options
- Two- or four-fluid inlets with matching color-coded tubing facilitate quick assembly of the buffer and wash solution bottles and allow multiple wash protocols to be run without switching bottles
- 4 or 10 liter bottles available to address your throughput needs
- Level sensing bottles as an option to track liquid levels in the bottles
- Waste can be sent to reservoir or sink
Automatic Maintenance Protocols
- One-Touch Autoclean completely washes system with AquaMax Sterilant; rinses with water and then air dry both the aspiration and dispensing channel to prevent contaminant build up.
- Auto-shutdown is user-definable and can automatically rinse and purge AquaMax Washer with air, providing walk away flexibility at the end of the batch.
- Zero-alignment integration of AquaMax Microplate Washer to StakMax Microplate Handling Stacker provides easy automation option for most users.
- AquaMax onboard software controls the StakMax Microplate Handling Stacker
- AquaMax Microplate Washer can be integrated in the majority of automation environments, connects via USB port, and uses simple serial commands.
- Product Data Sheet
- BioResearch Products Data Sheet
- SoftMax Pro Software Data Sheet
- Application Notes