Gemini EM Fluorescence Microplate Reader
Enables top and bottom reading of microplates over a greater range of fluorescence intensities—all without the use of filters.
The Gemini™ EM Fluorescence Microplate Reader exemplifies flexibility for fluorescence assays. Reading 6 to 384-well microplates, the optical design of the instrument can be switched from top to bottom read modes for improved sensitivity to solutions and cell-based assays. Dual monochromators for variable wavelength selection between 250 nm and 850 nm eliminate the need for searching out the right pair of excitation and emission filters and wavelength scanning across a range of wavelengths in increments as small as 1 nm can be used to optimize assay parameters. Up to 4 wavelength pairs can be read for endpoint and kinetic measurements, and the Gemini EM Microplate Reader offers well scanning to report a fluorescent measurement from a single point in the center of a microplate well to multiple points across a tissue culture well.
Unlike most fluorescence readers that may saturate out with signal intensities over 3 orders of magnitude, the patented AutoPMT Optimization System of the Gemini EM Microplate Reader adjusts the fluorescence detector to each sample well's concentration and normalizes the raw data, extending the dynamic range of assays so that low and high signals can be captured from the same plate. This calibration against an internal standard provides an additional benefit in being able to confidently compare relative fluorescence units (RFUs) of individual samples across plates and readers.
The Gemini EM Microplate Reader is supplied with SoftMax® Pro Microplate Data Acquisition & Analysis Software, Molecular Devices' industry leading all-in-one data acquisition and analysis software. Additionally, the Gemini EM Microplate Reader can be seamlessly integrated with the StakMax® Microplate Handling Stacker through the SoftMax Pro Software.
Enabling Assays without Compromise
- Read a variety of sample formats from 6- to 384-well microplates in endpoint, kinetic, spectral scan, and well scan modes.
- Eliminate the need for identifying, purchasing, and changing out filters for wavelength optimization with dual monochromators for excitation and emission wavelength selection.
- Measure fluorescence from solutions or cell-based assays with the best optical sensitivity by switching between top and bottom fluorescence reading.
Measuring Accurately and Reproducibly
- Avoid losing high signals to detector saturation and photobleaching after repeated reads to find the correct reader settings with AutoPMT System electronics.
- Compare relative fluorescence units (RFUs) between samples, like with no other fluorometer, allowed by a unique calibration against an internal standard.
- Monitoring of temperature-sensitive reactions with consistent temperature regulation from ambient to 45°C.
- Thorough mixing of samples in microplate wells by user-programmable Automix feature.
- Gentle movement of cell or other aggregates in the microplate with a slow carriage speed option.
Comprehensive Reader Validation
- Molecular Devices microplate readers have the most variety of tools available for users to meet their diverse hardware and software validation needs. Molecular Devices provides complete solutions with:
- SpectraTest® ABS1, FL1, and LM1 Validation Plates for hardware validation of absorbance, fluorescence, and luminescence modes.
- IQ/OQ Instrument Qualification documentation
- SoftMax Pro Software validation package
- Software tools for FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
Automating with Ease
- Seamless automation coupling with the StakMax Stacker, Molecular Devices' own integrated microplate stacker designed exclusively for the Gemini Microplate Reader.
- No physical modifications required to the automation-compatible design of the reader for integration into automated platforms. Molecular Devices' readers have been integrated into all major automation platforms.
NEW ScanLater Western Blot Detection System - Enables western blot and ELISA detection on your microplate reader. Learn more.