VersaMax ELISA Microplate Reader
Enables precise and accurate detection at wavelengths in the visible spectrum without the use of filters, providing consequence-free assay flexibility.
Built around a grating monochromator, the VersaMax™ Absorbance Microplate Reader allows for selection of up to two wavelengths at a time for absorbance detection in the visible wavelength range (340 nm - 850 nm). Narrow bandwidths deliver increased accuracy and enhanced peak resolution. Never order or replace filters to optimize an assay again!
A patented multichannel optical design mimics a dual-beam spectrophotometer, measures each sample in the plate directly, and eliminates error due to variations in light output between optical fibers on other instruments for more reliable reporting. The eight-channel system delivers high precision and speed when reading 96-well microplates for single endpoint measurements and kinetic assay data gathered over time.
The VersaMax Microplate Reader is supplied with SoftMax® Pro Data Acquistion & Analysis Software, Molecular Devices' industry leading all-in-one data acquisition and analysis software. Additionally, the VersaMax Microplate Reader can be seamlessly integrated with the StakMax® Microlate Handling Stacker through the SoftMax Pro Software.
Enabling Assays without Compromise
- Eliminate the need for purchasing and changing out filters for wavelength optimization with a monochromator-based wavelength selection for visible absorbance between 340 nm and 850 nm.
- Read up to 2 wavelengths in endpoint or kinetic mode for 96-well plates.
Measuring Accurately and Reproducibly
The VersaMax Microplate Reader offers:
- Better experimental signal discrimination using narrow absorbance bandpass for superior peak resolution and increased accuracy.
- Monitoring of temperature-sensitive reactions with consistent temperature regulation from ambient to 45°C.
- Thorough mixing of samples in microplate wells by user-programmable Automix feature.
Comprehensive Reader Validation
Molecular Devices microplate readers have the most variety of tools available for users to meet their diverse hardware and software validation needs. Molecular Devices provides complete solutions with:
- SpectraTest® ABS1, FL1, and LM1 Validation Plates for hardware validation of absorbance, fluorescence, and luminescence modes
- IQ/OQ/PQ Instrument Qualification documentation
- SoftMax Pro Software validation package
- Software tools for FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
Automating with Ease
- Seamless automation coupling with the StakMax Microplate Handling Stacker, Molecular Devices' own integrated microplate stacker designed exclusively for the VersaMax Microplate Reader
- Note:The StakMax Microplate Handling Stacker is compatible with the currently shipping reader, as designated with the serial number BNR-xxxxx. For older models, please contact your local sales representative.
- No physical modifications required to the automation-compatible design of the reader for integration into automated platforms. Molecular Devices' readers have been integrated into all major automation platforms.
New - Western blot and ELISA detection on your microplate reader. Learn more.
- Product Data Sheet
- BioResearch Products Data Sheet
- SoftMax Pro Software Data Sheet
- SpectraTest Validation Data Sheet
- Application Notes