VMax Kinetic ELISA Microplate Reader
Extends the durable filter-based absorbance measurements of the EMax Endpoint ELISA Microplate Reader to kinetic assays.
The VMax® Kinetic ELISA Microplate Reader, the first of its kind for monitoring reactions over time, opened the door to enzyme assays and continues to be the workhorse of the laboratory environment. Based on a rugged simple design, the VMax Absorbance Microplate Reader offers a mean time between failure (MTBF) of 20,000 hours with 97 independent and stationary fiber optics so that the microplate remains stationary during the entire reading cycle, reducing the number of moving parts that can wear and need replacement.
Through sequential, single-well illumination, 100% of the available light is directed to each well through the optical fibers to achieve linearity to higher optical densities (ODs) and optimal signal-to-noise ratios. At 5 seconds to read a 96-well endpoint assay or a 5 second minimum interval between kinetic reads, the VMax Microplate Reader has both speed and performance.
The VMax Microplate Reader is capable of reading up to two wavelengths at a time in the visible wavelength spectrum (400nm-750nm), with 4 filter choices included at time of purchase. Additional high-quality filters to supplement your assay wavelength range requirements are available directly from Molecular Devices.
VMax Microplate Readers can be operated as a stand-alone instrument and is also supplied with SoftMax® Pro Data Acquistion & Analysis Software, Molecular Devices' industry leading all-in-one data acquisition and analysis software.
Solid Performance for Dedicated Absorbance
- Extend uptime with an estimated 20,000 hour mean time between failure
- Maximize assay signal-to-noise ratios through a unique optical system that directs all available light to each well
- Achieve higher throughput with a 5 second microplate read time
- Read up to 2 wavelengths in endpoint or kinetic absorbance for 96-well plates
- Mix samples in microplate wells by user-programmable Automix feature
- Operate without an attached computer using the onboard microprocessor
- Add assay flexibility with additional filters
Comprehensive Reader Validation
Molecular Devices microplate readers have the most variety of tools available for users to meet their diverse hardware and software validation needs. Molecular Devices provides complete solutions with:
NEW ScanLater Western Blot Detection System - Enables western blot and ELISA detection on your microplate reader. Learn more.