SpectraMax Plus384 Absorbance Microplate Reader
The standard for UV-visible microplate reader absorbance, providing ultrafast, full spectral range detection for cuvettes, 96-well, and 384-well microplates, with the only temperature-independent method for pathlength correction.
The patented multichannel optical design of the SpectraMax® Plus384 Absorbance Microplate Reader mimics a dual beam spectrophotometer, measuring each sample in the plate directly, eliminating measurement error due to variations in light output between optical fibers on other instruments for more reliable data reporting. The nine-channel system delivers both high precision and speed when reading cuvettes, 96-well, and 384-well microplates for endpoint measurements, kinetic assays, and spectral scans.
The optical system of SpectraMax Plus384 Microplate Reader is built around a monochromator, which allows for selection of up to six wavelengths at a time for absorbance detection in the UV-visible wavelength range (190 nm - 1000 nm). Narrow bandwidths deliver increased measurement accuracy and linearity over the widest range of assays, including DNA quantitation in the UV range.
Using the patented PathCheck® Pathlength Measurement Technology, the SpectraMax Plus384 Microplate Reader transforms each well in a microplate to a fixed optical path length cuvette. This temperature-independent normalization corrects for varying well volumes and can eliminate standard curves by allowing the calculation of concentrations directly from the absorbance with a known extinction coefficient, as exemplified with nucleic acid and protein quantification.
The SpectraMax Plus384 Microplate Reader is supplied with SoftMax® Pro Data Acquisition & Analysis Software, Molecular Devices' industry leading all-in-one data acquisition and analysis software. Among the various ready-to-read protocols, users will find pre-written SpectraDrop™ Plate protocols enabling Micro Volume applications measurement. Additionally, the SpectraMax Plus384 Microplate Reader can be seamlessly integrated with the StakMax® Microplate Handling Stacker through the SoftMax Pro Software.
Enabling Assays without Compromise
- Read a variety of sample formats from cuvettes to 96- and 384-well microplates in endpoint, kinetic, and spectral scan modes.
- Eliminate the need for purchasing and changing out filters for wavelength optimization with a monochromator-based wavelength selection for UV-visible absorbance between 190 nm and 1000 nm.
Measuring Accurately and Reproducibly
The SpectraMax Plus384 Microplate Reader offers:
- Better experimental signal discrimination using narrow absorbance bandpass for superior peak resolution and increased accuracy.
- Monitoring of temperature-sensitive reactions with consistent temperature regulation from ambient to 45°C.
- Correction for varying microplate well volumes and the elimination of standard curves based on PathCheck Technology, the only temperature-independent pathlength correction method.
- Thorough mixing of samples in microplate wells by user-programmable Automix feature.
Comprehensive Reader Validation
Molecular Devices microplate readers have the most variety of tools available for users to meet their diverse hardware and software validation needs. Molecular Devices provides complete solutions with:
- SpectraTest® ABS1, FL1, and LM1 Validation Plates for hardware validation of absorbance, fluorescence, and luminescence modes.
- IQ/OQ/PQ Instrument Qualification documentation
- SoftMax Pro Software validation package
- Software tools for FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
Automating with Ease
- Seamless automation coupling with the StakMax Stacker Molecular Devices' own integrated microplate stacker designed exclusively for the SpectraMax Reader.
- Note: StakMax Stacker is compatible with currently shipping reader, as designated with the serial number MNR-xxxxx. For older models, please contact your local sales representative.
- No physical modifications required to the automation-compatible design of the reader for integration into automated platforms. Molecular Devices' readers have been integrated into all major automation platforms.
New - Western blot and ELISA detection on your microplate reader. Learn more.
SpectraDrop™ Micro-Volume Microplates
Low volume solution for benchtop microplate readers.
- Product Data Sheet
- BioResearch Products Data Sheet
- SoftMax Pro Software Data Sheet
- SpectraTest Validation Data Sheet
- Application Notes