SpectraMax 340PC384 Absorbance Microplate Reader
Enables data acquisition in endpoint, kinetic, and spectral scan modes at wavelengths across the visible wavelength range, with the only temperature-independent method of pathlength correction.
The patented multichannel optical design of the SpectraMax® 340PC384 Absorbance Microplate Reader mimics a dual beam spectrophotometer, measures each sample in the plate directly, and eliminates measurement error due to variations in light output between optical fibers on other instruments for more reliable data reporting. The eight-channel system delivers both high precision and speed when reading 96- and 384-well microplates for endpoint measurements, kinetic assays, and spectral scans.
The optical system of the SpectraMax 340PC384 Microplate Reader is built around a monochromator, which allows for selection of up to six wavelengths at a time for absorbance detection in the visible wavelength range (340 nm - 850 nm). Narrow bandwidths deliver increased measurement accuracy and linearity over a wide range of assays.
Using the patented PathCheck® Pathlength Measurement Technology, the SpectraMax 340PC384 Microplate Reader transforms each well in a microplate to a fixed optical path length cuvette. This temperature-independent normalization corrects for varying well volumes and can eliminate standard curves by allowing the calculation of concentrations directly from the absorbance with a known extinction coefficient, as exemplified with nucleic acid and protein quantification.
The SpectraMax 340PC384 Microplate Reader is supplied with SoftMax® Pro Data Acquistion & Analysis Software, Molecular Devices' industry leading all-in-one data acquisition and analysis software. Additionally, the SpectraMax 340PC384 Microplate Reader can be seamlessly integrated with the StakMax® Microplate Handling Stacker through the SoftMax Pro Software.
Enabling Assays without Compromise
- Eliminate the need for purchasing and changing out filters for wavelength optimization with a monochromator-based wavelength selection for visible absorbance between 340 nm and 850 nm.
- Read up to 6 wavelengths in endpoint or kinetic mode for 96- and 384-well plates, and perform spectral scans to determine wavelength peaks.
Measuring Accurately and Reproducibly
The SpectraMax 340PC384 Microplate Reader offers:
- Better experimental signal discrimination using narrow absorbance bandpass for superior peak resolution and increased accuracy.
- Monitoring of temperature-sensitive reactions with consistent temperature regulation from ambient to 45°C.
- Correction for varying microplate well volumes and the elimination of standard curves based on PathCheck Technology, the only temperature-independent pathlength correction method.
- Thorough mixing of samples in microplate wells by user-programmable Automix feature.
Comprehensive Reader Validation
Molecular Devices microplate readers have the most variety of tools available for users to meet their diverse hardware and software validation needs. Molecular Devices provides complete solutions with:
- SpectraTest® ABS1, FL1, and LM1 Validation Plates for hardware validation of absorbance, fluorescence, and luminescence modes
- IQ/OQ/PQ Instrument Qualification documentation
- SoftMax Pro Software validation package
- Software tools for FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
Automating with Ease
- Seamless automation coupling with the StakMax Microplate Handling Stacker, Molecular Devices' own integrated microplate stacker designed exclusively for the SpectraMax Reader.
- Note:The StakMax Microplate Handling Stacker is compatible with currently shipping reader, as designated with the serial number LNR-xxxxx. For older models, please contact your local sales representative.
- No physical modifications required to the automation-compatible design of the reader for integration into automated platforms. Molecular Devices' readers have been integrated into all major automation platforms.
- Product Data Sheet
- BioResearch Products Data Sheet
- SoftMax Pro Software Data Sheet
- SpectraTest Validation Data Sheet
- Application Notes