ImageXpress Ultra Confocal High Content Screening System
True point-scanning confocal
ImageXpress® Ultra System offers the ultimate solution when crisp, clear images are a priority. Under control of state-of-the-art MetaXpress® Software, research-quality images of fixed- or live-cell assays are captured with the best possible resolution. Diverse samples can be imaged with excellent signal-to-noise, even when there is a high background, as in homogeneous, no wash assays, or when samples are thick such as tissue sections or neurons growing in matrix.
True laser scanning confocal system ensures a diverse set of samples can be imaged with excellent signal-to-noise ratio.
- Software configurable detection pinhole provides two orders of magnitude of Z-resolution flexibility (<1 um to > 100 um) over fixed pinhole confocal systems.
- Simultaneous or sequential scanning with up to 4 solid state lasers facilitates simultaneous acquisition for optimal speed performance (up to 4 times faster) or unique sequential scanning in combination with high resolution z-offset to correct for objective lens induced chromatic aberrations.
- Fully automated 100 nm resolution voice coil driven stages provide positioning accuracy to capture intricate sub-cellular features as well as monitor long structures, such as neurons, across high resolution tiled or stitched images.
|Images of Neurons were acquired and tiled from 6 sites. Each site is a long scan to capture a larger area. Note that the neurites perfectly align across mutiple sites for easy quatification with our software algorithms.|
- Software configurable field-of-view simplifies imaging of large objects like model organisms (c. elegans and zebrafish) and long structures similar to neuronal processes.
Long scan of cells stained with a cytosolic marker (green) and nucle (red). With a 20X objective scan lengths of up to 25.6 mm are possible
- Industry-leading autofocus option provides fast, reliable focusing with a dedicated 690 nm focus laser and ultra-fast sensors that will not bleach your sample while decreasing read times up to 5-fold.
- Custom design for screening enables capturing 25,000 wells per day in a 384-well microplate assay with a two color high quality assay (e.g., Transfluor ® beta-arrestin translocation assay). Lower resolution assays can be performed in excess of 100,000 wells / day.
- 4-position automated objective changer eliminates manual objective changes and allows automated switching of magnifications during a single experiment.
- Universal plate holder facilitates image acquisition using any clear bottom plate from 6-well to 1536-well, in standard height, low profile, or low volume.
- Walk-away, 24/7 automation is achieved with the Thermo CRS CataLyst Express robotic plate handling system, enabling users to schedule multiple runs of one to three batches of 15 plates.
- ImageXpress Ultra System Data Sheet
- Complete Imaging Solution Brochure
- MetaXpress Software Data Sheet
- MetaXpress Software Application Modules
- Application Notes
- Lead Optimization
- Stem Cell Research
- microRNA and RNA Interference
- High Content Screening
- Transfluor Cell-Based GPCR Assay