FLIPR Tetra High Throughput Cellular Screening System
Industry-renowned, flexible, and reliable real time kinetic cellular assay screening system for identifying early leads against GPCR and ion channel receptors
The FLIPR® Tetra High Throughput Cellular Screening System from Molecular Devices, LLC is an industry-renowned, flexible, and reliable real time kinetic cellular assay screening system for identifying early leads against GPCR and ion channel targets. The system features simultaneous pipette and read capability which makes the system ideal for fast kinetic cellular assays, such as calcium flux.
User and assay needs vary during the different stages of the drug discovery screening process. For this reason, we designed the FLIPR Tetra System to be user-configurable. The system is available with either a fluorescence or a dual fluorescence/luminescence camera. Using the luminescence camera, users can rapidly configure and switch between fluorescence and luminescence read modes. The gain of the dual camera can be adjusted to the appropriate signal window to detect signals from dim luminescence to bright fluorescence assays.
Light emitting diodes (LEDs) banks and emission filters can be exchanged by the user in approximately 10 minutes and provides the flexibility to perform experiments using the best fluorescent dye for the selected assay. A slider which holds up to three emission filters enables the FLIPR Tetra System to be quickly configured for different single wavelength detection assays such as calcium mobilization and membrane potential or ratiometric assays.
To accommodate different throughput needs and assay requirements, five different pipettor heads are available which can pipette reagents, compounds or cells. Whether you require 96-, 384-, 1536-well format or 384 or 1536 pin tools, pipettor heads can easily be changed by the user in minutes. An optional cell suspension system (to learn more, click on the Accessories tab) increases throughput by eliminating the need to plate cells and the need for separate compound plates during aequorin assays.
For the ultimate in throughput, the FLIPR Tetra System can be interfaced to the SynchroMax ET or a variety of laboratory robotics systems( to learn more: click on the Accessories tab). To facilitate this, the optional FLIPR TetraCycler Plate Handler (to learn more: click on the Accessories tab) can be installed in the FLIPR Tetra System to enable the exchange of microplates and pipette tips between the landing pad of the FLIPR System and third party robotics systems.
To support GPCR and ion channel assays, Molecular Devices offers reagent assay kits optimized for use on the FLIPR Tetra System. These kits include everything required to successfully run these assays on the FLIPR Tetra System. All assays are homogeneous no wash assays and are available in three different formats, Explorer, Express and Bulk, to accommodate your throughput requirements. Four Calcium Kit assays are available and two Membrane Potential assay kits are available. Molecular Devices also offers replicating and frozen GPCR and ion channel cell lines.
- Simultaneous pipet and read enables fast kinetic assays such as calcium flux in multiple wells.
- User changeable 96-, 382-, and 1536-pipettor heads easily change assay formats depending on your throughput needs.
- Contact based elastomeric liquid transfer for 1536 pipettor provides accurate pipetting of compounds and cells.
- Configurable pipettor height and dispense speeds ensure proper mixing without disturbing cell monolayers or non-adherent cells.
- Choice of fluorescent or dual mode cameras for increased assay flexibility.
- Dual camera performs both fluorescence and luminescence detection for assay flexibility.
- Fluorescence camera enables use of homogeneous FLIPR calcium and membrane potential kits.
- User configurable optics supports rapid optic changes in a multi-user multi-assay environment .
- Multiple read modes support both single wavelength and ratiometric assays.
- Drag-and-drop software interface easily builds multiple step protocols for easy protocol definition.
- Software displays only options relevant to the instrument configuration and eliminates the opportunity to make protocol errors.
- Configure and switch between fluorescence or luminescence read modes for assay flexibility.
- User-defined protocols can include up to four wash solvents to automate cleaning of cell handling system.
- Viewing signal traces, EC50 curves, and Z factors on the fly provides quick data analysis without having to export data to another software program.
- Configurable data export in either time-sequence or well-based format of single or multiple data files enables analysis by Microsoft Excel, Spotfire, or other analysis program.
- Cell suspension system with adjustable stirring speed, pump, and pipetting parameters facilitates optimization with different cell types.
- Cell suspension system eliminates the need for separate compound plate during Aequorin assays.
- FLIPR TetraCycler Plate Handler enables microplate and pipette tip changes and facilitates integration to laboratory robotics systems.
- SynchroMax ET Plate Handling Robot increases assay throughput and allows unattended operation.
Get 20% off when you buy two or more reagents
- FLIPR Tetra System Brochure
- FLIPR Tetra System Data Sheet
- ScreenWorks Peak Pro Software Data Sheet
- SynchroMax ET Automation Data Sheet
- FLIPR Tetra Pin Tools Data Sheet
- FLIPR Tetra Aequorin Option Data Sheet
- FLIPR Tetra UV LEDs Handout
- Application Notes
- High Throughput Assessment of Cardiomyocytes using the FLIPR Tetra System and ScreenWorks Peak Pro Software
- More Webinars